Smule Bulgaria EOOD is a subsidiary of Smule Inc. – a leading US based company, founded in 2008 and specialized in developing innovative mobile based software solutions. Ten years on, Smule Inc. employs more than 200 people and is a vibrant, global community of music lovers.
Smule is on a mission to bring the world together through music. Music is much more than listening… it’s about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. With 50 million monthly active users creating over 20 million songs every day, Smule is connecting people all over the world through the joy of making music and transforming the music landscape from one of passive listening to collaborative creative expression and active engagement.
We are looking for a Creative Visual Lead who is an experienced, hands-on visionary, focused on defining, evolving, and bringing a brand to life in meaningful ways. You will understand and connect product and marketing to build a cohesive experience across all channels and will be a natural leader who has the ability to mentor and grow a multi-disciplined brand, creative, and studio team. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves in a fast-growing environment to leverage your experience art directing and directing creative. Above all, you are passionate, courageous, and excited about connecting the world through music.
- Work closely with Smule’s San Francisco-based Creative Director
- Help refine and articulate the Smule Brand across its global market
- Translate strategic goals into innovative creative across advertising and marketing channels
- Provide creative direction on identity development, campaigns, brand and style guides, copywriting, and content creation, including social and video
- Build and manage a talented team of art directors, copywriters, designers, production artists and agencies
- Establish workflows, processes, and standards for developing our brand and marketing assets
- Partner with Product Design to ensure the consistency of our overall experience and brand
- Partner with our Marketing leaders to understand key priorities and guide the creation of compelling work that drives results
- Drive messaging and communication tactics both within and beyond our industry to ensure we are current with the rapidly evolving market landscape
- Align all creative systems and campaigns to the strategy and business goals of the company, while clearly defining the “what and why”.
- BA or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience leading in-house and/or agency creative for strong consumer brands, ideally in international markets
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring strong creative teams
- Creative visual portfolio (design, video, copywriting OR general campaign creative) of results-oriented consumer work that shows a diversity of experience across both online and offline marketing channels
- Robust knowledge of advertising fundamentals, including brand identity development and integrated advertising campaigns across mediums.
- Strong production know-how, especially in the digital space and hands-on experience in creative production – design and/or video
- Expert in Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and/or other digital design tools
- Desired experience working with top project management platforms
- Desired experience directing and/or producing video and photo shoots for consumer brands
- Proven experience art directing in a formal or informal capacity
- Previous experience in high-tech or mobile product company considered a strong plus
Would be a plus
- Love music and creative expression in all forms
- Demonstrate resilience in the face of challenges
- Maintain a healthy obsession with creating and advocating for brand identity guidelines
- Highly strategic, imaginative, and conceptual thinker with a love of digital storytelling
- Have an international mindset and curiosity to new trends in digital creative
- Push creative boundaries without sacrificing business objectives
- Have a healthy disregard for the impossible
- Highly collaborative and flexible
Smule Bulgaria is just starting its operations in our new office in Sofia and for our new team we are looking for passionate and impactful team members. Would like to become a Smulean? Let’s music together.
Please send us your Cover Letter and CV in English – firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.