On 10th November, for the 6th time since its opening in Sofia, betahaus is about to deliver together with you, its signature startup competition event – Betapitch.
Once again, we are glad to be hunting for the best startups around, providing the opportunity for them to pitch their business ground and vision in front of an audience, investors and honoured jury on 10th December.
We are accepting applications here until 03/11 (extended deadline).
Should you have questions or hesitations along the process of applying, please feel free to address them to us on email@example.com or through our ambassadors with experience and insight into the startup environment. It is a pleasure to introduce them to you:
betapitch 2017 Sofia vol.6 | AMBASSADORS
Janet was a co-director of the Berlin chapter of Founder Institute for 3 years and was one of the first team members of the startup Honeypot.io, a Berlin-based marketplace in the HR in Tech industry.
In Jan 2017 she moved back to Sofia, determined to develop the local startup ecosystem, joined the Sofia team of Founder Institute and also took on a role as Product Owner of new fintech product for Paysafe.
She’s passionate about blockchain, astrophysics, psychology and education.
Nikola is president of the Bulgarian entrepreneurship organisation – Start It Smart, founder of the online magazine Entrepreneur.bg and co-organizer of the weekly networking event Silicon Drinkabout Sofia.
Nik is passionate about education, startups and traveling.
He is a university dropout who build his own educational program matching his interests and goals.
Valentina graduated with a double Bachelors in Economics and Law from The University of Buckingham before going on to complete a Masters in International Trade and Commercial Law. She then worked as a researcher for The Economist, and The Institute of Economic Affairs and is a co-founder and head of Business Development for the Bulgarian Venture Capital Association.
Before returning to Bulgaria, she was the Business Development Associate during the Techstars London ’17 cohort, where she is currently helping the MD organize his European tour.
With their help and such from other partners we are preparing an interesting program.
So stay tuned for more news and take part yourself.
Process | Participation | Prizes
Among all applicants, we will elect 10 selected that will to compete by pitching on 10/11 in Sofia.
As a competing startup in Betapitch Sofia:
- You will get mentorship and expert feedback during your preparation to pitch;
- You will have central role in the extended betapitch program of the day;
- If you win the jury vote, you go home with a spot in the Global Betapitch Competition in Berlin a month later – 7th Dec, a budget for travel expenses, arranged accommodation for 2 days, as well as 3 month membership here at betahaus | Sofia coworking space;
- The rest of the prizes are yet to be announced, incl. audience favourite.
At the Betapitch Global:
- You will meet investors and many key stakeholders from the startup environment;
- Compete amongst the finalists from Lisbon, Tirana, Mostar, Hamburg, Vienna, Jönköping and Cairo for the biggest prize of:
- and more prizes, as well as much more to be part of and experience.